Based on the bank’s goal of being a driving force behind sustainable development, SDGs 8, 9, 11, 12 and 17, and material topics, Sparebanken Møre has the following strategic goals for the strategy period:
- We are actively working to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions (CO2) by at least 25 per cent in the period 2019 to 2025.
- We will become climate-compensated by the end of 2022 in line with the UN’s Climate Neutral Now initiative.
- We are actively striving for gender equality and diversity and have a long-term ambition of achieving at least 40 per cent of each gender at all levels.
- Sustainability is an integral part of all innovation and development processes.
- We emphasise openness and transparency in our communication.
Customers and suppliers:
- We offer our customers sustainable products and services.
- Employees have the expertise to advise customers on sustainable options that contribute to restructuring and potential new business opportunities.
- An ESG assessment is conducted at least once a year for corporate customers with credit exposure above a threshold. The development must be measured annually.
- We will issue green bonds.
- Our major suppliers will submit an ESG supplier statement every year.
- Sustainability is an important assessment criterion for the distribution of dividend funds for local communities.
- Sustainability is included as a separate point in all sponsorship agreements.
- We take the initiative regarding, and support, good sustainability projects in Nordvestlandet.
- We actively contribute to reducing financial crime, money laundering and corruption.
The strategic targets cover areas within the environment (Environmental), society (Social) and governing factors (Governance).